MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint. In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are looking to add an intermediate MECHANICAL ENGINEER to our team. You will be working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups on product design, development, and manufacture. Along with product development, you will perform research and development of new technologies and products that can be implemented in future products.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Design new, and/or redesign existing machines, equipment or systems considering cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance, and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Responsible for working directly with Lead Engineers and collaborating with other design team members to create drawings, change and/or create 3D parametric models and assemblies with SolidWorks, perform engineering changes, and develop & maintain BOMs to achieve project goals
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems
- Perform thermal management studies through simulation and testing
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of components and assemblies to determine best practices
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and systems
- Supervision, commissioning, installation, maintenance, and inspection of our equipment at our clients’ facilities around the world
- Periodic travel possible including oversees travel (up to 20%)
Relevant skills & experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline combined with 4 -7 years of directly related experience in a product development environment.
- Product design experience with SolidWorks. Other industry-recognized computer-assisted design/drafting software experience will be considered.
- Experience designing products for an industrial environment.
- Able to take product and project requirements and translate them into engineering requirements/specifications and deliverables.
- Experience in thermal analysis of enclosed power electronics system and familiarity with different methods of managing heat transfer (natural convection, forced-air cooling, water-cooling, etc.) as well as performing CFD analysis
- Demonstrated ability to run test, including instrumentation, data collection and analysis, and correlation with analytical results.
- Experienced in static and dynamic FEA.
- Knowledgeable on material selection for end products.
- Knowledge of BOM’s, change orders and ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience using materials that are subjected to harsh environmental abrasion and/or impacts.
- Experience in vibration analysis and design for vibration damping.
- Experienced in design of mining buckets and dippers.
- Demonstrated ability in GD&T, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and Root Cause Analysis.