Mining Solutions Specialist – North America
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum… MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important challenge faced by the mining industry: how to optimize the separation of waste from ore and ore from waste. The company’s proprietary technology integrates with existing mine equipment providing pioneering ore visibility data that creates new revenue that dramatically boosts mine profitability. There are also significant sustainability benefits, as this data improves processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint, water, energy, and reagent use in mine operations. In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team! As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an operationally experienced Mining Solutions Specialist (MSS) to our North American based team. Ideally this role will be based in Tucson, Arizona or Vancouver, BC.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Development of Value Models:
- Value Models define the use cases for the mining operations and the benefits that the MineSense solutions can provide. They have a general framework, but often require some degree of customization and subsequent validation. They are not intended to be at the detail of more formal block modeling / extraction solutions; however, they are meant to directionally capture the majority of the value generation.
- Evaluate the ore body characteristics, extraction methods and downstream processing from technical reports produced by the customer, presentations, insights from meetings, etc.
- Work with the value model template, create a MineSense Value Model for the mine’s operations that incorporates site specific key inputs.
- Conduct off-line simulations to assess the relevant sensitivities.
- Advance the model to incorporate additional features ranging from block model grade distributions to pit shell models and secondary benefits such as impurities management.
- Create case studies of use cases in real time and aggregate tied to critical operational issues, sustainability performance and optimization of operations.
- As part of Business Development and Strategy teams, you will present the Value Model to the customers from mine operations through to C-suite.
- Work with technical personnel on the customer side to identify the key assumptions and data used in the Value Model. The technical personnel include geologists, mining engineers, mine planners, grade control engineers, drilling/blasting engineers, mineral processors, process metallurgists, etc.
- Support the customer in building their Business Case.
- Understand the end-to-end mining value drivers to be able to communicate and exchange ideas with the customer.
- Actively participate and potentially direct activities with the mining sites from Amenability Testing, Pilot Trials and Commercial Trials.
- Undergraduate qualification in Mining, Metallurgy, Geology, or a related field will be preferrable.
- 5-10 years’ experience within the North American Mining industry and region.
- At least 5 years operational experience in open pit mining (base metals) and related operations, mine design, mine production planning, pit optimization, mineral processing, grade control and mineral asset valuation. Experience dealing with remote sensing will be preferrable.
- Ability to understand technical challenges as it relates to ore body characterization and mineralogy.
- Proven ability to collect and research mining information (i.e., research customers, understand their main business drivers for a given mining operation).
- Previous experience working with customers and proven ability to work with technical people and both the site and at the corporate level.
- Previous experience working with a business development team and being the technical sales expert.
- Not required, but it will be a plus to have Master’s or PhD in Mining, Metallurgy, Geology, or a related field.
- English is required. Spanish or another language may be a plus.
- Excellent people skills including time management and organization skills.
- Strong modeling skills with the ability to manipulate spreadsheets with various types of formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Proven ability to work under stressful work conditions and can demonstrate good problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with software such as Leapfrog, Vulcan, Mineplan, Datamine a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work respectfully with other cultures globally.
- Flexible attitude and must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel to the customer’s mine site and follow their site operation and safety procedures. Travel time is estimated to be approximately 25%.