Field Service Support Technician – Vancouver
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum… MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to a critical problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology increases production and reduces costs to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations. In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team! We are looking for a Field Services Engineer to join our team in Peru! The ideal candidate will have a solid mining background with cross-functional skills with an interest in technology. Fluency in Spanish and ability, even desire, to travel is a must. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. They are a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference. Demonstrated ability to work independently while also participating as a core team member will be critical to success in the role.
- Manage the delivery and installation of pilot- and production scale ore telemetry and upgrading products in the field;
- Install, commission and support MineSense’s developing range of mineral telemetry products, particularly the ShovelSense product. Installation will require a combination of electrical, mechanical, control and instrumentation capability.
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and new product features;
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to ensure seamless delivery of products and features within the lifecycle of existing products;
- Work closely with product development as well as customers to ensure best of breed usability, product performance and market-leading product functionality;
- Perform other activities as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Mining, Earth Sciences, Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical qualification is required.
- Experience with installation of instrumentation, automation and control equipment in a process or mining environment would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, particularly technical aspects, is a must.
- Strong work ethic, coupled with a sense of urgency and ability to get things done in an emerging, high-growth company;
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills;
- At least 2 years in mining technology (or related sector)
- Smart, creative, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem solving skills;
- Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial, and results oriented;
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude;
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- This role is a site based role, however, some local and international travel may be expected.